Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Late nights

Maybe I'm developing insomnia. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and just start working on my business. I can't stop myself. I wake up, start thinking about it, then just get on my computer and start surfing for new ingredients, recipes, ideas, blogs, etsy, or I'll make up some labels, type out ideas, add figures, etc. I woke up at 1am, and it's just coming upon 3am right now. I also have to be to work in 6 hours.
Damn work. If I had my choice I'd be home all day making soaps and lotions and testing out new recipes.

I did just find one really nice blog, that I'd like to share: Handmade Soap Blog. Amazing soaps from what I can see, and she lives in Australia! How exciting is that? I wish I was living in Australia making soap :)

I haven't taken any pictures, yet, but the grapefruit soap that I made over the weekend is curing fabulously so far. Even though I cut it too early and it's not a nice and smooth looking, the colour is turning PINK (it was orange before, remember...)! And the bars are getting a bit harder. The bars from my last batch, are practically rock hard, but they are looking a bit on the dry side. I hope they didn't come out lye heavy. I really like the recipe that I used for the grapefruit one, so hopefully it turns out decent. Although, it never can be TOO bad to make a bad batch, because then you get to experiment with making another. I'm still trying to think of what soap to make next? I'm leaning towards a coconut scent. I'm a hardcore fan of coconut. The FO I have-"Thai Coconut"- isn't to my liking at all, so, I might just experiment a bit more just to get rid of it. I only have enough lye to make one more batch of soap and then I'll need to order more. I hate lye, but I love soap.

No comments: