Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally!

My whole "new look" is FINALLY starting to come together. It still needs a bit of editing, as you can probably tell, from my banner, or if you've looked at my shop recently, but this should suffice for the next couple of weeks.

I FINALLY got my new Sony Vaio Laptop :) It's so brilliant and SO pink! I love it to pieces, despite the fact that I am having a little trouble navigating it. (I'm used to the macs)

I also finally got around to making my second ever batch of cold process soap! I'm not quite sure how it is going to come out, as it obviously still has a few weeks of curing to go, but as of now, it looks alright. It's scented in "pink grapefruit". Again, I went overboard with the essential oil, adding a whole ounce of oil to a one pound batch instead of a half ounce. Yeah...I'm still learning, but I'm having a lot of fun in the process.


Obviously, I'm still experimenting with the whole swirling technique, as well. Honestly, when I first did this batch, the colour came out orange instead of pink, as I didn't anticipate that the grapefruit EO would be yellow. So, when I mixed in the red dye, it turned orange...but it's toned down quite a bit as far, and looking more like a pink grapefruit than a creamsicle!

As you can see, I cut the bars way to early, they were still soft and broke apart as I was cutting them. I can't help it, though! I just get excited about my soap and want to see how my swirling came out! I'm sure they'll be fine. I can't wait to use them! They smell amazing, as you can imagine.
I'm off to bop around on the web, and maybe make up some more bath bombs.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the way your soap turned out. I wouldn't worry about the essential oil. I've always noticed that the scent of EO is initially really strong but can tend to fade over time so having a bit more than usual in your recipe isn't always a bad thing. I like the pink. I bet it smells wonderful!

idyll hands said...

I like the way your soap looks - it looks organic and natural, the way I like my bath products to look. Also, I love that you used a citrus scent. I suppose it's time to put away the spiced scents and pull out the cleaner, summery ones.