Friday, January 11, 2008

Bouncing Back

I apologize for not having updated for so long, I've been sick with a stomach flu since sunday. I'm still somewhat ill, but getting over it. Stomach bugs are the worse!
Good news, though! I sold SIX items in my etsy shop over the weekend! Yayyy!! Thank you for your purchases, ladies, if you are reading. I've also joined a soap making forum, compliments of Soap Pixie at Soap Pixie Forums! I'm also quite excited to be a part of that, as I love meeting and talking with other soap/lotion makers! I've also been running into my all time favourite soapmaker,
Morgan Street in the etsy chatrooms! I was honestly so excited to meet her. Check out her etsy shop here.
But wait! The excitement doesn't stop there because I'm having my labels redone by a graphic designer. I've been reading a few of the threads on etsy and am realizing more and more how important labeling and packaging is. Most people say that nice labels, packaging and pictures are what are going to make them buy the product! So I am in contact with a graphic designer, via etsy, to do me up with brand-spankin-new labels, business cards, and a logo!
I was going to bring in my two ideas of making "The Body Cafe" and "The Sweet Shop", but I'm much more interested in soapmaking, and I also think I'm going to be adding a few facial care lines very, very soon. I will be starting my recipes for those on sunday. The only thing that will take a long time is the testing. . .
So, yes, it's been a lot of excitement for a week of being ill and I'm glad the week is over. I haven't any pictures to show for it, but I'll likely be snapping some today and updating later tonight. Until then.
xx

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your sales over at etsy!! I love that place. I'm adding your etsy shop to my blog :) I'm etsy addicted so you may be hearing from me on the customer end some time.

Amber Rose said...

Aww :) Thanks, girl!

Morgan Street said...

WOW - I just happened to stumble across your blog and now I'm reading about me!!! You're a sweet heart - for real.
Congrats on your sales and here's to many many more going forward!!

Amber Rose said...

Thanks MorganStreet!! :)