Saturday, January 5, 2008

Rebatching.....and tacos, anyone?

Well, blogging daily isn't as easy as I thought it would be! Not only am I incredibly exhausted (still!), but I have lots of work I need to be doing. Yesterday I milled a batch of soap I made a couple weeks ago. At first I thought it was going to come out a bit dried and cracked, but it didn't! And the smell...oh man. My whole house reeked of black cherry! It was terribly overpowering, but fortunately, the soap came out great and smelling delish!

Rebatching was fun, to say the least. Grating the soap was actually enjoyable! The soap was a yellow color, with little black specks (ground vanilla bean), and once it was all grated, my mother was going on about how much it looked like cheese! She went on to fantasize about how hilarious it would be to grate some up on April Fools day, cook tacos for dinner, and put a bowl of grated soap on the table in place of grated cheese! "No one would know the difference until they took a bite!" Good lady: my mom.

I'll be posting pictures of this rebatching affair a little later this evening. I have plenty of work to do right now. I'm off to rebatch more soap, cut up some soap, package some soap, shower with my soap, love my soap...hehe. Did I even mention how much I love my soap? Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I need to try rebatching sometime, I've never done it. I look forward to seeing your pictures :)