Friday, January 18, 2008

Blogger VS. Typepad

So, I haven't updated in a couple days because I've been experimenting over at typepad. I have to be brutally truthful, I'm somewhat disappointed. I've heard good things about it. After a few days entries, and messing around on this site, I have to say that I am still partial to Blogspot. There isn't too much more that you can do with typepad that you can't do with blogger, except paying fees. And who wants more fees? Let's all be honest.

I have a million things to get done. I just spent hours (literally!) making up labels. New ones! Hooray! Originally, I was going to have a graphic designer do them up for me, but I guess I changed my mind about the whole look of them and everything and decided it would be more convenient at this time to do them on my own. I will be buying a new banner for my etsy shop, though, and for my blog (if I can't figure out how to make one!)
I guess we'll see what happens. But, boy-oh-boy, do I love my new look. It's brilliant, and so much more "me". I know I'm going to have so much more fun with the products/names/packaging and just everything.



The banner is in the works for my shop as of now, and I'll probably post it on my blog, as well. I can't wait to get everything done! But, like I said before, I still have a lot of work to do.
Early tomorrow morning I'm making another batch of cold process soap, this time in "pink grapefruit". My last batch came out great (my first!), and I'm already jonesing for another victory. Ha.
In the meantime...I'm still looking for fragrances worthy of being in my up-and-coming line of homemade soaps. Wish me luck and let me know what you think about the new labels!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think your new label is really cute! I like the font!!