Monday, December 31, 2007

My New Years Resolution...

...to stop neglecting my blog! Hehe

Apparently, I have the day off of work because it's snowing out like crazy! More time to work on the RC- I'm so excited. I'll most likely work on pictures, my shop and labels! I've actually been doing quite a bit of work. Soon to be introduced to the RC are The Body Cafe and The Sweet Shop. They are both wonderfully crafted lines and I can't wait to get them off the ground. I'll be posting a lot more about both of these later as time progresses.
I made my first batch of soap last week, using the hot process method with a double boiler. It was so incredibly terrifying, working with lye and all, but the batch came out absolutely perfect! I'm beyond thrilled. I've made two batches so far. One batch I made vanilla scented, with ground vanilla bean (yum!) which turned out like a really old fashioned vanilla scent. The other I went a little crazy with the fragrances, as I often do-heh-and made it a delicious combination of raspberry, vanilla, peppermint and oatmeal. To be honest, I'm not too partial on raspberry scented things, but this batch came out great, and both batches of soap are SUPER lathery. I use a lot of coconut oil, so the fats make lots of suds and bubbles!

Here's a picture from my first batch:


I'm off to do some inventory, make some labels, etc. etc. I'll be back later! Happy New Years Eve!! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your soap looks great! Welcome to the wonderful world of soapers :)

Amber Rose said...

Thanks, girl! :)