Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Oh. My. God.

I got new fragrances! One of my favorite things about running a business is getting packages in the mail; it's like getting presents! Even though I already know what they are I am always excited. I get especially thrilled when I know I'm getting a package full of fun fragrances-such as today! Honestly, there is nothing like getting new scents to play with. My latest? See for yourself:



Black Cherry, Strawberry, Butterscotch, Thai Coconut, and Vanilla Buttercream! They smell so good and have so much potential.

I've finally gotten everything squared away as far as lines/scents go. My sweet shop will have the three scents: Butterscotch, Vanilla Buttercream, and Strawberry Shortcake fragrances. The Body Cafe will have Chai, Mint Mocha and Vanilla Frappuccino.
My specialty soaps, which are also in the works, will have the following scents available: Black Cherry, Old Fashioned Vanilla, Raspberry Mint Oatmeal, Thai Coconut and Lavender. I know I've already posted pictures of my vanilla soaps but here is one with the Raspberry Mint Oatmeal soap, as well:



As you can see, it turned brown. I later read that this is caused by vanilla, which I added to sweeten the fragrance a bit. Perhaps I added a bit much, though? Obviously I added vanilla to the vanilla soap as well, and that is still a tan color. I did, however, use different oils: grapeseed, olive and avocado oil. These all are green tinted, and more then likely caused the soap to be darker. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Either way, the soap is still fantastic. It's amazingly lathery and the oatmeal in it makes for a good exfoliator. I think I might start experimenting a lot more with exfoliating soaps once I get my routine down. To be honest, exfoliants are almost as fun as fragrances!
In the meantime, I'm trying to find some good information about milled soap, as I would really like to start doing that, despite how tedious and time consuming it can be. I have so many soap scraps and nothing to do with them!
Ah, and tomorrow, I'm making another batch of soap!

7 comments:

Kelly Anne Dalton said...

Wow! Those all sound like they smell great *^_^*

BIMSCommunityGarden said...

Oh how I wish computer screens were equipped with "smell-o-vision" - they look so sweet & yummy :)

Amber Rose said...

Thanks guys! :)

High Desert Diva said...

I always get excited when the mail arrives, too. You are so right about the packages being presents.

Sylvie said...

Very nice blog. I feel the same way about packages arriving in the mail! It's so fun to open them up and look at all goodies and start working with them.

Sylvie : )

Amber Rose said...

woot woot for packages!!

dottycookie said...

Your soaps look like little bars of cake - how scrumptious!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog earlier on, and for your kind comment. Do you use tea in any of your products? ;-)